There are many things that I would love to do in my life, but I am aware that limited time is a significant issue, but I would like to share a small collection of the existential to-do list in my life.
THIS YEAR PLANS (For 2018)
- Read at least one book per year. (Done)
- Learn Kotlin (Done)
- Back and keep healthy 90 kg by back to running and do a half marathon. (in progress)
- Learn more about Mandarin Chinese. (in progress)
HEALTH (in progress)
Aim: 90kg. Be healthy and have good condition. I don’t need to have muscles like a strong man like Mariusz Pudzianowski or looks like George Clooney. I just want to be healthy.
In 2009 between February 2009 and July 2009, I lost more than 20kg! I weight changed from 114.2 kg to 93.3 kg. I achieve it by doing exercise and improve my food style. I am very proud of myself!
However, I back to 120kg a few years later, so it is time to achieve the same goal, again.
Running in races. (Done)
I needed the motivation to do exercises because sitting 8 hours on your bottom at work can cause many health problems. My belly expanded very quickly. It looked like a giant ball of fat, and I should start to practice sumo. My friend and I came out with the idea that if we want to force ourselves to run regularly, we need to sign-in to a running race, so … we signed to Nick Beer 10km 2012 in Llandudno. I like running because is very easy, relaxing, healthy thing to do I feel much more energetic. My record in the run/walk was 36km around Snowdon (Highest Mountain in Wales).
|The Island Race – Anglesey Half Marathon||2012||13miles (21km)||2.07.54|
|It was an unbelievable achievement which was beyond my imagination. My target was to run in 2.5 hours. I couldn’t believe when I saw an actual result. My legs hurt for 4 days, but it was worth it. I was ranked 344/465.|
|It was an unbelievable achievement which was beyond my imagination. My target was to have 1.15.00. Rank 515/680.|
Read one book per year (Done)
When I heard that more than 50% polish people did not read any book per year, I decided to belong to a minority, who read books. Long commute to and from work in London creates a unique opportunity to read some books. Below is a collection of them, which I read and enjoyed in the past.
- Dean Burnett – The Idiot Brain (2018)
- Rob Kemp – The New Dad’s Survival Guide: What to Expect in the First Year and Beyond (2017)
- Rob Kemp – The Expectant Dad’s Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know (2016)
- Robin C. Martin – Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship ( 2016)
- Simon Brown – Software Architecture for Developers (2015)
- Michael T. Nygard – Release It!: Design and Deploy Production-Ready Software (2014)
- Adam Cash – Psychology For Dummies (2013)
- Anita Werner, Włodzimierz Cimoszewicz – Nieoficjalnie (2013)
- David J. Anderson – Kanban (2012)
- Jeremy Clarkson – How Hard Can It Be?: The World According to Clarkson Volume 4 (2012)
- Terry Deary, Martin Brown – Horrible Histories – Ruthless Romans (2011)
- Terry Deary, Martin Brown – Horrible Histories – Rotten Romans (2011)
- Joe Navarro – What everybody is saying (2011)
- Eric Steven Raymond – How To Become A Hacker (2011)
- Paul Ekman – Emotions revealed (2011)
- Terry Pratchett – Thud! (2010)
- Steve Krug – Don’t Make Me Think. A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (2007)
- Pet Southern – Julius Caesar (2002)
- Terry Pratchett – Guards! Guards! (200x)
- Terry Pratchett – Wyrd sister (200x)
- Terry Pratchett – Sourcery (200x)
- Terry Pratchett – MORT (200x)
- Terry Pratchett – Equal rites (199x)
- Terry Pratchett – The light fantastic (199x)
- Terry Pratchett – The colour of magic (199x)
Computer Science (Done)
I chose Computer Science for a few reasons. I like to create things, solve logical problems and thinking about usability. It is a type of work which has high demand today and in the future. This gives me many opportunities to do various kind of exciting projects.
I finished Computer Science at Aberystwyth University with 2.2. It is a big success for me because I achieved all 3 goals. I learned English, work to be independent and graduate with the result better than 3.
I finished an undergraduate degree in Computer Science in 2010. I am planning to do a master degree in future in psychology. I want to do Cyberpsychology. It will help me want to combine my interest in people’s psychology on the Internet and user experience (UX).
As I mentioned above. I want to do masters in Cyberpsychology. However, I am also interested in interpersonal perception and deception and abnormal psychology.
Why these three?
I was fascinated by the way, how people behave differently on the Internet compare to real life interaction since high school and it was one of first reason why was interest in psychology. I spent some time to reading and do research about Cyberpsychology, where I came across articles about interpersonal perception and how body express what people think which was one of the parts that are missing in Internet communication.
I completed a 3-day course about exclusions of mental people. It teaches me to have empathy for the mentally ill and disabled people.
It may seem weird, but English is a useful language in UK where I live now. It comes handy to speak with people from all over the world and in the IT universe.
Mandarin Chinese (In progress)
There are a few reasons for me, why I should know this language. I gave one reason. My wife is Chinese.
Castle Party, Poland
Amazing Gothic party in the castle in Poland.
Love Parade, Berlin (Done)
Love parade was the biggest techno party in the world. I took part in this event in 2000 on my 18th birthday. There were 1.300.000 people. I had great fun. These people didn’t know that they celebrate my birthday :). I never saw that many people before. It was a shocking experience. It is not anymore since I see a similar amount of people squeezed in the Tube on my daily commute to work in London. However, after my trip to China, I am not complaining about overcrowding in the Tube during peak time. It is half empty in comparison to Subway in Beijing during evening rush hours. Back to the topic. Love parade was the best party I ever been to.
Woodstock(known as Poland Rock Festival), Poland
The most significant event in Poland and the most amazing one, because is not just music it is also lots of remarkable events happen there.
Oktoberfest, Germany (Done)
Man’s heaven. Beers, women … sounds like the perfect place to be for adult men.
La Tomatina in Buñol, Spain
Nothing better than using tomato as a primary weapon to smash innocent people in big Ketchup war.
Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I always want to see the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, because I love samba music. Hot rhythms, all-night samba party. I hope to see this legendary event someday.
China and Japan (China Done)
I want to see these 2 countries because I am fascinated by their cultures. I want to experience daily life there in big cities and the countryside. I want to see the influence of the western culture on Asian culture and especially to get to know how does living in a big Asian city centre look like, slums and small countryside. I am interested in what is the most amazing aspects of Polish, Western, Chinese and Japanese cultures and their difference and similarities. I wish to write the book about it to show amazing things in different cultures.
I want to go to Canada for a month, to rest far away from civilisation. Just stay within the little cottage and go to forests and mountains.
It may sound weird, but since I live abroad, I discovered, that I haven’t seen too much Poland actually.
Visited (and I believe is worth to see):
- Wieliczka (Salt mine!)
- Oświęcim (Auschwitz Birkenau) – Nazi concentration camps. A place, when you can discover how people can be evil during the war and learn why war is a catastrophic event for generations.
Want to travel to :
- Bolesławiec (longest railway viaduct in Poland)
Scandinavia (Sweden Done)
There are many things to see there like: Mountains, lakes, country of Santa.
I was in Sweden in 2014.
Nowadays, if you have $20.000.000, you can have a trip to the space station. So I’m hoping, that in future I will be able to go to MARS. I just need $20.000.000 ;P. I should start thinking about the little application for iOS or AndroidOS and make some money to achieve that.
I want to go to Brazil to see the carnival in Rio. Since I love parties, Latin music, and dance, I must see the Capitol of Dance. Another reason is to see the capital of Capoeira ;).
I want to go to Italy to see the remains of the ancient Roman civilisation. I want to look at Coliseum, the Pantheon, Roman Forum, Piazza Navona, Baths of Diocletian, Baths of Caracalla, Via Appia Antica and Catacombs.
Parody of homepage (Done)
I want to have my homepage, and it must be very sarcastic without dull staff to show people how “AMAZING” you are. It
Create an RPG game (in progress)
I always dream to create RPG/Strategy action. One concept was a little bit similar to UFO: Enemy Unknown, but with the more complex storyline (created at random) and another one was similar to final fantasy VII/VIII.
Create some songs (Done)
I wrote a few songs. They are not a masterpiece of electronic music, and they will never be as famous as Psy – Gangnam style on YouTube, but I am proud of them.
CASTLES, CATHEDRALS, AND TEMPLES
I love this kind of buildings because there is something magical about them.
- Książe (Poland) (Done)
- Lidzbark Warminski (Poland) (Done)
- Zamek Królewski w Krakowie (Poland) (Done at 9.2008)
- Beaumaris Castle (Wales) (Done in 2.2011)
- Conwy Castle (Wales) (Done in 11.2010)
- Caernarfon (Wales) (Done in 7.2010) – My favourite Welsh Castle.
- Criccieth (Wales) (Done in 2.2010)
- Harlech (Wales) (Done in 12.2009)
- Aberystwyth (Wales) (Done in 6.2006) – Quite nice ruins.
- Carmarthen (Wales) (Done in 10.2006)
- Dover (4.2011) – One of the most amazing castles that include building from Ancient Roman times, Norman times and Medival times.
- Canterbury (4.2011)
- Lincoln (8.2011)
- Cardiff Castle
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Cilgerran Castle
- Denbigh Castle
- Dinefwr Park and Castle
- Dolwyddelan Castle
- Ewloe Castle
- Flint Castle
- Oxwich Castle
- Kidwelly Castle
- Laugharne Castle
- Penrhyn Castle
- Rhuddlan castle
- St. Davids Bishops Palace
- Caerlaverock Castle
- Cawdor Castle
- Stirling Castle
- Edinburgh Castle
- Dunvegan Castle
- Eilean Donan Castle
- Windsor Castle
- Norham Castle,
- Warwick Castle
- Bodiam Castle
- St. Michael’s Mount
- Rochester Castle
- Alnwick Castle
- Arundel Castle
- Castle Howard
Work for Space Company
I always thinking about working for a company who sent shuttles, spacecraft or building space station.
Software developer (Done)
Since I was a teenager, I dream to have a computer to play a game and create my own ones. I always enjoy to design games and solve problems during development. As a kid, I couldn’t afford to have a computer, so I created them on the paper. I thought it is too childish to be a game developer, so I want to write various software instead.
I’ve always wanted to design buildings in sacral style or stylish little mansions. I’m also interested in creating futuristic-looking architecture (Train Stations), vehicles (trains, trams) and spaceships, space bases etc. I would like made this as pragmatic and usable as possible.
I think this is a great job, talking to students, doing research and having fun, especially when you see those poor faces on exams. I think, if I got a chance, then I want to do a research about Cyberpsychology and how this can be applied to UX design.
One of my childhood dreams was to be a part of the crew that will be sent to Mars to transform the planet and create for being habitable for humans, and I wanted to be a scientist on the spaceship and explore space… hmmm … Maybe I just watched too many episodes of Star Trek as a kid.
WHAT WILL I DO, IF I WON LOTS OF MONEY ON LOTTERY?
- Secure a future for my family and me, my parents with sister and some relatives.
- Build the house of my dreams.
- Travel around the world.
- The primary target will be … study many interesting subjects.
- If possible, I want a fly to ISS (I know, it cost around $20.000.000).
- Support some organisation in cancer research, forest care and support WOSP (Info about WOSP on Wikipedia) and their website Official Website of WOSP)
- Do some voluntary work.
- Extreme Rescue Team I want to join the rescue team, who helps people during big catastrophes(after earthquakes and etc.).
- Experience a zero-gravity flight