USS Dominik is sort of acronym for Underground Secrets Search by Dominik.
This is a 5 years mission: to explore strange new stations, to seek out new places and new civilizations, to boldly go where I didn’t bother to have gone before … eee … I got a bit too StarTreky. Am I?
This is my idea to explore and discover London. I came across this idea, because near the place where I live. Vibrant local shops disappeared at a scary rate and they are replaced by soulless chains, charity shops, and property management.
I started on 1 July 2017 and I am planning to complete this quest by 1 July 2022.
- Catch what is left before other places will devour by clones of the same.
- For each place, I am planning to write a short entry where I will try find interesting places and facts about it station and surrounding area.
- I will look for independent coffee shops, pubs, and unique restaurant (especially from EU but I will include good British and Chinese restaurants).
- I will see are they any interesting walks to do nearby.
- I will do some pictures of interesting places.
|Lots of things I learnt based on what I heard from various people or I found on the internet but I always tried to verify some information by other resources on the internet. Here is a list of resources:
- Geoff Marshall ( on his youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd18OhMfRmjMjzSHP7Zrzmw and his videos on Londonist.com)