This is a NOT a professional advice. It based on my personal experience only and resources that I read on the internet. It will contain many grammar mistakes. Please drink double espresso and energy drink as an article is long and boring.
It is part of series “How looks process of finding a job as the software developer”.
I LOOKING FOR …
It is a most important question.
What do you want to do?
Always start with this question… Seriously.
Describe what you would like to do and write it down.
- List of languages and technologies that you want to use in the new job.
- Consider other important things like minimum salary ( do research about salary depends on your experience/location and be REALISTIC about it!), maximum commute distance, work hours, perks and so on.
- Prioritize your search criteria by importance ( for example salary, annual leave, commute time, tech stack, work culture and so on) and where the trade-off is possible and where not.
WHERE TO LOOK?
There are few ways to look for a job these days:
- Friends (best option)
- Companies website (especially, your dream companies)
- LinkedIn is a great source for gathering information about company and possibility to find which company recruiting at the moment.
- Job hunting Website ( only if the job is advertised by the company but not the recruitment agency.
- Jobcentre Plus in theory (in the UK) are quite useless for professional jobs but It can be a good place free advice.
One thought on “How looks process of finding a job as software developer part 1: What I am looking for and where to look.”
[…] Answer on the question .i looking for […]
Comments are closed.