This is a NOT a professional advice. It based on my personal experience only and resources that I read on the internet. It will contain many grammar mistakes. Please drink double espresso and energy drink as an article is long and boring.
I LOOKING FOR …
It is a most important question.
What do you want to do?
Always start with this question… Seriously.
Describe what you would like to do and write it down.
- List of languages and technologies that you want to use in the new job.
- Consider other important things like minimum salary ( do research about salary depends on your experience/location and be REALISTIC about it!), maximum commute distance, work hours, perks and so on.
WHERE TO LOOK?
There are few ways to look for a job these days:
- Friends (best option)
- Companies website (especially, your dream companies)
- LinkedIn is a great source for gathering information about company and possibility to find which company recruiting at the moment.
- Job hunting Website ( only if the job is advertised by the company but not the recruitment agency.
- Job centre plus in theory (in the UK) are quite useless for professional jobs but It can be a good place free advice.