The solution works for many monitors but this note focus on AOC I1659FWUX.
I bought AOC I1659FWUX. It is a Portable monitor (USB powered). It has a few issues. One of them is you can’t set brightness out of the box, because:
- The monitor does not have any buttons, so you can’t set brightness. Windows do not allow change brightness.
- Display link does not have any settings too. (Application that you need install to improve the experience with using a monitor).
The only solution I found is to install third-party tools. The tool I found, and it works with my laptop (Asus G771JMC) called PangoBright that you could download from http://www.pangobright.com.
- Download application
- Copy to the folder where you keep your programs
- Run it (There is no UI, it will be appear in Toolbar)
- Press right click on icon where you can set brightness level and on which monitor should apply
From my experience, it works in most cases. I experience rare glitches but 99% of the time it works.
Is this solution works for you?
What other tools did you try and it works for you?
Let me know in comments.